The University Hospital Würzburg (www.ukw.de) in cooperation with the Leibniz Institute for Natural Product Research and Infection Biology - Hans Knöll Institute - (HKI, www.leibniz-hki.de) offers a
Doctoral Researcher Position (Molecular Biology)for three years. The focus of the offered position is the functional characterization of newly identified human and fungal biomarkers: a) for diagnosis of fungal infection and b) to support therapy decisions. The PhD project contains molecular biological, as well as cell-biological work and expects large cooperation with bioinformaticians and medical researchers. We expect:
- a Master’s degree (or equivalent) in Life Sciences (Biology, Veterinary or Human Medicine). Candidates about to earn their degree are welcome to apply.
- desirable methodological skills: Solid background in standard techniques of molecular biology, microbiology and cell biology. Knowledge of qPCR/Northern analyses and hands-on experience in fluorescence microscopy, cell culture techniques are advantageous.
- high motivation and interest to join one of the interdisciplinary research team
- creativity and interest to shape your own thesis project
- very good communication skills in English
- a highly communicative atmosphere within a scientific network providing top-level research facilities
- access to samples and data from patients creating a highly motivating working atmosphere
- Würzburg - a young and lively town with dynamic business activities, successful scientific centers of innovation and a vibrant cultural scene
- a salary according to TV-L salary agreement for public service employees (E13, 65%).
Dr. Jörg Linde, email@example.com Applications Complete applications in English or German should include a letter of interest, detailed CV, all important certificates, and at least two references from previous work/study and should be submitted by 30.11.2016 via https://orthos.hki-jena.de/jobs/stellenangebote