Sorry, but this job posting is no longer current.
Please search current job opportunities in education, research and development.
academics.com offers the largest choice of jobs and vacancies at universities and research institutes and in Research and Development in industry.
The Leibniz Institute for Natural Product Research and Infection Biology - Hans Knöll Institute - (HKI, www.leibniz-hki.de) investigates the pathobiology of human-pathogenic fungi and identifies targets for the development of novel natural product-based antibiotics. The Department of Infection Biology invites applications for a
Doctoral Researcher (Infection Biology)for two years initially. Successful candidates will investigate the field Complement Genetics in Renal and Retinal Diseases. Main topics of the project are
- Identification of Genetic Mutations of Complement Genes in Renal and Retinal Disease C3 Glomerulopathy, HUS and AMD
- Next Generation Sequencing for Genetic Diagnostics
- Functional characterization of CFHR1, CFHR3 and CFHR5 proteins
- Master degree in biology, genetics or life sciences.
- Experience, knowledge and good experimental skills in molecular biology, genetic, biochemistry are an advantage.
- Chen Q, Manzke M, Hartmann A, Büttner M, Amann K, Pauly D, Wiesener M, Skerka C, Zipfel PF (2016) CFHR5-Hybrid Proteins Anchor Properdin and Activate Complement at Self-Surfaces. J Am Soc Nephrol, in press
- Chen Q, Wiesener M, Eberhardt HU, Hartmann A, Uzonyi B, Kirschfink M, Amann K, Büttner M, Goodship T, Hugo C, Skerka C, Zipfel PF (2014) Complement factor H related hybrid protein deregulates complement in dense deposit disease. J Clin Invest 124, 145-155.
- Zipfel PF, Skerka C, Chen Q, Wiech T, Goodship T, Johnson S, Fremeaux-Bacchi V, Nester C, de Córdoba SR, Noris M, Pickering M, Smith R (2015) The role of Complement in C3 Glomerulopathy. Mol Immunol 67(1):21-30
- Zipfel PF, Skerka C (2009) Complement regulators and inhibitory proteins. Nat Rev Immunol 9, 729-740.