NanoLund has a world-leading position in developing advanced devices based on group III-V semiconductor nanowires. We now announce three experimental PhD projects that will be embedded into a major focus to develop novel devices and concepts for efficient energy conversion (e.g. light-to-electricity, heat-to-electricity, or electricity-to-light), by employing phenomena at the nanoscale, such as quantum phenomena, photonic or plasmonic effects, or the thermodynamics of very small systems. This research thrust is currently financed by grants from the Swedish Energy Agency, the Swedish Research Council, and the Knut and Alice Wallenberg Foundation.
Doctoral (PhD) student positions in physics (quantum transport, nanothermodynamics and nanoelectronics) as well as several other postdoc and PhD student positionsThree Doctoral (PhD) student positions in physics (quantum transport, nanothermodynamics and nanoelectronics) as well as several other postdoc and PhD student positions
The three open positions are all in experimental physics in the general area of electron transport in heterostructure nanowires, with the following focus directions:
- Thermodynamics in semiconductor systems with very few electrons. Contact:
- Thermoelectric and photo-thermoelectric energy conversion. Contact:
- Electron- and hole-spin phenomena in quantum dots. Contact:
Lund University offers excellent conditions for PhD students, including:
- a creative, world-class interdisciplinary research environment for fundamental and applied nanoscience state-of-the-art infrastructure for the fabrication and characterization of nanostructures
- a highly regarded scientific education
- a strong international nanoscience network
- family-friendly living conditions and a high degree of social security
- a competitive salary and full employment contracts for PhD students and postdocs
In addition, NanoLund has several other postdoc and PhD positions in both theory and experiment in the fields of material science, optical spectroscopy and quantum thermodynamics, amongst others.
Please apply online using the links provided at http://www.nano.lu.se/opportunities