The University of Luxembourg aspires to be one of Europe‘s most highly regarded universities with a distinctly international, multilingual and interdisciplinary character. It fosters the cross-fertilisation of research and teaching, is relevant to its country, known worldwide for its research and teaching in targeted areas, and becomes an innovative model for contemporary European Higher Education. Students originating from 115 countries, academic staff from 20 countries as well as 78 partner universities around the globe, "internationality" is probably one of the qualifiers which characterizes the University of Luxembourg best. The University of Luxembourg is an equal opportunity employer.
The Centre of Research in Economics and Management (CREA) conducts research and provides education at undergraduate to graduate levels in the following fields: Economics, Entrepreneurship, Business Administration, Finance, Accounting and Auditing. CREA is seeking a
Doctoral candidate (PhD student) (M/F) in Business Studies with a specialization in Financial Accounting/Reporting or Financial Auditing.
- The duties of a PhD student are primarily directed at his/her own research education in financial reporting and financial audit, which lasts three years. The work may also involve, to a limited extent other departmental duties, mainly related to teaching
- To elaborate his/her own research project. Joint dissertation supervision is possible.
- 14-months fixed-term full-time contract, renewable up to a total of 36 months, 40h/week.
- Master‘s degree in Management, Business Administration, or Economics. Specialization in Financial Reporting/Financial Audit will be considered an advantage.
- Have linguistic skills to evolve in a multilingual environment: fluency in English, proficiency in German and/or French will be considered an advantage
- Responsible, self-motivated, able to work independently, teamwork ability, cross-/inter-cultural competences
- A motivation letter.
- A detailed curriculum vitae with list of publications and copies thereof, if applicable.
- Degree Certificate / transcript of study results, and other relevant documents that proves general respectively special eligibility, as well as a copy of diplomas
- TOEFL-test (or equivalent tests). Foreign applicants must attach proof of an English language test. Note, however, that applicants with a Master‘s degree from an English-speaking university or program do not need to prove their English skills.
- Welcome with your electronic application via http://recruitment.uni.lu. Only complete application documents will be considered.