Sorry, but this job posting is no longer current.
Please search current job opportunities in education, research and development.
academics.com offers the largest choice of jobs and vacancies at universities and research institutes and in Research and Development in industry.
In collaboration with the Institute for Digital Communications (IDC) at the University of Erlangen-Nürnberg, we have an immediate opening in our Communication Systems area for a
Are you interested in helping to shape the 5th generation mobile network technology? Would you like to be
involved in tomorrows broadcast technology? Are you interested in developing high bit rate cable transmission
in the field of telecommunications technology/theory or communication networks
Then we have the right position for you.
The Broadband and Broadcast Department at Fraunhofer IIS conducts research in the fields of wireless communication, broadcast and microwave technologies, satellite backhauling, industrial communication, automotive communication and cable-based transmission systems. Our mission is to take new basic research concepts and apply them to real-world applications. We cover the entire process, from algorithm development and the creation of prototypes/demonstrators, to the development of products and ASICs. This work involves close cooperation with the IDC. Together, we can offer you the chance to initially work at Fraunhofer IIS in various projects for three years with the aim of identifying your dissertation subject. This will be followed by more in-depth dissertation activities at the IDC together with Prof. Robert Schober. Our R&D activities require smart minds interested in delving into the theoretical foundation of telecommunications technology and further developing this theory into practical applications. If you are not one to shy away from matrix operations, spectrum analyzers or the Wireshark tool for instance, then perhaps you’re the person we’re looking for.
- A university degree in electronics, computer science or mathematics
- Knowledge of telecommunications theory or communication networks
- Desire to obtain a doctorate in one of these fields
- Good oral and written command of English
- Excellent teamwork and communications skills
- Experience in Matlab, C or Python programming languages is a plus
- Diverse projects with a high degree of theoretical work and real-world applicability in close cooperation with the departments at the University of Erlangen-Nürnberg and a wide range of industry partners
- Excellent work atmosphere in an international team
- Flexible hours that allow you to balance family and career
- Equal opportunity hiring
Equally-qualified applicants with severe handicaps and disabilities will be given preference.
Please send your application in PDF format, including a cover letter, resume and references, to Meike Hillenbrand (email@example.com) and reference IIS-2016-27a.
Additional information is available at: