Sorry, but this job posting is no longer current.
Please search current job opportunities in education, research and development.
academics.com offers the largest choice of jobs and vacancies at universities and research institutes and in Research and Development in industry.
CALLING EXPERTS IN CLEANROOM-BASED SILICON AND THIN-FILM TECHNOLOGIES AS WELL AS CUSTOMIZED MEMS-SENSORS! WE AT FRAUNHOFER ICT-IMM IN MAINZ WOULD LIKE TO OFFER YOU AN EXCITING POSITION AS
DEPUTY HEAD OF OUR DIVISION ANALYSIS SYSTEMS AND SENSORS
Fraunhofer ICT-IMM in Mainz carries out research and development in the business areas Energy and Chemical Technology
as well as Analysis Systems and Sensors. We are building bridges between basic research and application.
WITH MAIN EMPHASIS ON THE BUSINESS
In our division Analysis Systems and Sensors, we are engaged in the research and development of customized micro-electromechanical systems mainly dedicated to the business areas Technical Sensors, Aviation and Aerospace, Technical and Biomedical Analysis, Environmental Technology and Chemical Process Engineering. Our portfolio of sensors includes measuring electrodes for medical probes as well as sensor solutions for gas- and fluid-, current-, radiation- and heat-detection. Our MEMS-solutions benefit from the selection and combination of the materials best suited for the respective application - we are used to apply and combine silicon, polymers and metals as needed.
What we expect from you
- a scientific university degree in Physics or Electrical Engineering or a comparable degree
- preferably a completed PhD thesis
- experiences in human resource planning, leadership and budget planning
- expertise in implementing complex, application-related challenges in new products based on microtechnology
- profound knowledge in the acquisition of national and international, public and industrial projects
- sound skills in project management
- ready to use knowledge to carry out strategy processes, to develop scientific topics, to practice network management and to work within an existing quality management system
- creative skills and proactive attitude, scientific and economic thinking
- excellent negotiating skills in business English; excellent negotiating skills in business German are very welcome
- industry experience is very welcome
- microtechnology-based manufacturing processes and applications
- design and implementation of customized MEMS and MEMS-sensors
- silicon and thin-film technology, packaging technology, systems technology
- operation and maintenance of clean room technology
The area of responsibility includes the deputy operational management of our division Analysis Systems and Sensors through the implementation and maintenance of the quality and the compliance with the institution’s internal processes at national and international bilateral, multilateral and public research projects, industrial projects, offers, proposals, reports and publications of all kinds. In addition, the creation of new as well as the improving of existing research topics through strategic planning and the derivation of strategic research projects are an essential part of the activities.
Other tasks in this position will be to ensure the medium and long-term scientific and economic success, budget planning and compliance, the selection, management and development of personnel, the development and maintenance of scientific and economic partnerships as well as the representation of the division and the institution towards clients and at public events.
In the course of your job, you give our area of MEMS new impetus, develop it further and take responsibility for the future safe operation and performance of our clean room facilities. You will ensure that scientific and technical issues relating to the planning, design and implementation of customized components and systems are successfully processed in close cooperation with project partners and customers. Your scientific ideas are highly welcome in the active development and expansion of the newly established joint innovation Center for Applied Fluidics & Engineering (CAFE) at the University of Mainz.
Appointment, remuneration and social security benefits based on the public-sector collective wage agreement (TVöD). Additionally, Fraunhofer may grant performance-based variable remuneration components.
The first contract is initially limited to two years while we´re aiming for a long-term collaboration.
In case of identical qualifications, preference will be given to severely disabled candidates.
The Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft is committed to providing equal career opportunities for men and women.
Fraunhofer is Europe’s largest application-oriented research organization. Our research efforts are geared entirely to people’s needs: health, security, communication, energy and the environment. As a result, the work undertaken by our researchers and developers has a significant impact on people’s lives. We are creative. We shape technology. We design products. We improve methods and techniques. We open up new vistas. In short, we forge the future.
We are looking forward to your application which should contain your earliest starting date and the ID ICT-IMM-2016-10.
Carl-Zeiss-Straße 18 – 20
55129 Mainz, Germany
Information about the Institute is available at: