Sorry, but this job posting is no longer current.
Please search current job opportunities in education, research and development.
academics.com offers the largest choice of jobs and vacancies at universities and research institutes and in Research and Development in industry.
The Departments of Electrical Engineering and Materials and Earth Sciences of the Technische Universität Darmstadt offer in total
2 Assistant professorships
(W2, Tenure Track)
for New Materials Electronics
(Code. No. 526)and
Electrical Engineering Materials
(Code. No. 529)starting as soon as possible. Both professorships are meant to be complementary as far as the thematic focus is concerned. The joint appointment should intensify the interdisciplinary cooperation between the departments. We expect a strong scientific cooperation of both professorships covering the range from materials to electronic devices and applications in research and teaching and further cooperation within the focus area ’From Material to Product Innovation’ to stimulate collaborative research projects. We are seeking two postdoc researchers with excellent reputation in at least one of the following scientific areas: Professorship "New Materials Electronics" (Department of Electrical Engineering and Information Technology)
Based on active or passive electronic devices:
1. Nano Electronics / CMOL
- Spintronics including Spin Torque Devices
- Memristors, Metal Oxides, Ferroelectrics
- 1D and 2D Electronic Devices based on Carbon Nano Tubes (CNT), Graphene, Silicene, Chalcogenides
- Hybrid Electronics based on organic-inorganic composite materials
1. Nano Electronics / CMOL
- Spintronics, Spin Torque Transfer (STT), Spin-Orbit Torque (SOT)
- Emerging Cognitive Materials for Memristors
- Synthesis and Basic Research on 1D or 2D Electronic devices
- Synthesis and Basic Research on organic-inorganic Hybrid Materials and Devices
3. Electronic Transport in Electrical Engineering Materials We encourage candidates that have experimentally shown the relevance of other solid state materials and other material effects for integrated electronic circuits to apply for the professorships. Candidates for both positions will hold a qualified PhD and have a track record of excellent and independent contributions in research and teaching with an interdisciplinary and international profile in the focus area of the professorships. We expect applicants to collaborate with other research groups at TU Darmstadt and other institutions. The professorships are financed by funds from the "Bund-Länder-Programms zur Förderung des wissenschaftlichen Nachwuchses". Regulations on the maximum period of scientific activities after the acquisition of the PhD degree as well as all additional requirements for employment are subject to § 64 section 3 HHG in the respective current versions. The Assistant Professorship is designed as Qualification Professorship as per § 64 HHG. For the position the option for a tenured full professorship after a successful tenure procedure is given. The position is initially limited to six years. Remuneration follows the German W-Besoldung at level W2 Hessisches Besoldungsgesetz. The Technische Universität Darmstadt intends to increase the number of female employees and encourages female candidates to apply. In case of equal qualifications applicants with a degree of disability of at least 50 or equal will be given preference. Part-time employment is generally possible. The Technische Universität Darmstadt is certified as a family-friendly university and offers a dual career program. Qualified applicants are invited to submit a letter of application, indicating the code number, and accompanied by the usual documents, to the following address: New Materials Electronics (Code No. 526):
Department of Electrical Engineering and Information Technology, Fraunhoferstr. 4, 64283 Darmstadt, firstname.lastname@example.org. Informal enquiries may be addressed to the head of the selection committee Prof. Dr.-Ing. Christian Hochberger, phone +49 6151 16 21 150, email email@example.com. Electrical Engineering Materials (Code No. 529):
Department of Materials and Earth Sciences, Alarich-Weiss-Str. 2, 64287 Darmstadt, firstname.lastname@example.org. Informal enquiries may be addressed to the head of the selection committee Prof. Dr. Lambert Alff, phone +49 6151 16 20 700, email email@example.com. Application deadline: January 31, 2018