Sorry, but this job posting is no longer current.
Please search current job opportunities in education, research and development.
academics.com offers the largest choice of jobs and vacancies at universities and research institutes and in Research and Development in industry.
Assistant Professor D-IAS 2017 - Social Science: Strategic Organization DesignThe Danish Institute for Advanced Study seeks outstanding candidates to fill several positions at the assistant professor level in the research areas of interest for the centre.
The position is sponsored by, and located at, the University of Southern Denmark in Odense and starts autumn 2017.
The appointment is for four years with the possibility for a subsequent two years of employment as associate professor.
Social Science: Strategic Organization Design, Faculty of Business and Social Sciences, Department of Marketing and Management
Faculty of Business and Social Sciences, Department of Marketing and Management Research in Strategic Organization Design is focused on the academic fields of strategy and organization science. Our agenda addresses important and interesting unsolved research questions such as:
1) The aggregation problem: How do micro-processes influence the macro-behavior of organizations?
2) The adaptation problem: How does multi-level adaptation enable organizations to succeed in dynamic environments?
3) The strategic design problem: Which design rules and which schemes of adaptation generate superior performance?
4) The heterogeneity problem: What are the sources of heterogeneity in populations of business organizations?
For further information please contact Prof. Thorbjørn Knudsen, telephone +45 6550 3148 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The successful candidate will have a strong international profile, a strong record of research publications, and have demonstrated exceptional potential to excel in scientific research.
We expect the applicants to actively engage in the development of the research unit as well as contribute positively to Danish IAS as a whole.
The Danish IAS at SDU is a research centre that aims to inspire groundbreaking ideas through the meeting of minds across the sciences and humanities. The Danish IAS engages leading academics through its visitor programme, weekly talks, monthly lectures, and quarterly colloquia. There will be a strong focus on talent development of young researchers who work on game-changing ideas. Eminent academics are appointed as chairs, and in that capacity form the backbone of the Danish IAS as they catalyze activities within their field.
More information about Danish IAS activities can be found on our website www.dias.sdu.dk
For further information please contact Co-Director Francesco Sannino at email@example.com, Co-Director Thorbjørn Knudsen at firstname.lastname@example.org or Centre Administrator Charlotte Gøbel at email@example.com
Application, salary etc.
Appointment to the position will be in accordance with the salary agreement between the Ministry of Finance and the Danish Confederation of Professional Associations.
Research will be predominant in this position. Teaching will occur to a limited degree.
Application material required:
- Detailed curriculum vitae
- Complete list of publications, indicating which publications are most relevant for the position
- Up to five of the most relevant publications. Please upload a pdf for each publication
- Three letters of recommendation from acknowledged international researchers
- Should your referees wish to send their letters directly to us, please have them use e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning your name and the title of the position in the subject line. And please note that these also need to reach us before deadline.
- Teaching portfolio (please see link)
- Research and publication plan for the next three years
- Documentation for international profile
When the assessment committee has submitted its report, the applicant will receive the part of the evaluation that concerns him/her.
Applications that are incomplete with regard to the above requirements will not be assessed by the committee.
D-IAS encourages all interested persons to apply, regardless of age, gender, religious affiliation or ethnic background.
As part of the overall assessment of the applicant’s qualifications, a job interview may be held during the period of 16-19 May 2017.
Uploaded files must be in Adobe PDF (unlocked) or Word format.
Read the guideline for applicants.
Further information for international applicants about entering and working in Denmark
Each field can only contain a single file of max. 10 Mb
You can only apply for the position through our website www.sdu.dk/en/service/ledige_stillinger.
Your application must be registered in our system on the 15/02/2017 at 23.59.59 CET at the latest.