Sorry, but this job posting is no longer current.
Please search current job opportunities in education, research and development.
academics.com offers the largest choice of jobs and vacancies at universities and research institutes and in Research and Development in industry.
The Institute of Accounting, Control and Auditing, University of St.Gallen is currently seeking applications for an
Assistant Professor in Accounting75% by 1 August 2017, or by mutual agreement. The double accredited (EQUIS and AACSB) University of St.Gallen offers a stimulating research environment with access to a broad range of databases necessary for accounting research (e.g., through WRDS Compustat and CRSP, Bankscope, Bloomberg etc.) and a professional behavioral research lab for experimental research activities.The Institute of Accounting, Control, and Auditing also organizes regular research seminars with renowned international accounting researchers from different universities. Working tasks
- potential and ambition to publish in the leading accounting journals (preferred research methods are empirical archival and / or experimental approaches)
- collaborate with researchers within the institute and internationally
- contribution to the institute's teaching activities (German and English), particularly in the Master of Accounting and Finance program and the undergraduate courses
- support the Director of the PhD program of the School of Management in managing the program
- completed doctorate or equivalent degree by the time of appointment
- promising track record in peer-reviewed research in financial accounting,management accounting and control, or auditing
- high proficiency in spoken and written German
- excellent command in English paired with an international mindset by study abroad,work experience abroad or research activities abroad
- ambition to excel in research, teaching, and academic service alike
- a complete CV and publication list
- a personal cover letter including motivation for the position, description of teaching, research, and other academic activities (maximum 2 pages)
- teaching evaluations if available
- copy of PhD thesis
- contact information for two professional references that we may contact if you are shortlisted for the position
Closing date: March 19, 2017.
University of St.Gallen | Search Committee |
Dufourstr. 50 | 9000 St.Gallen
| www.unisg.ch |