Sorry, but this job posting is no longer current.
Please search current job opportunities in education, research and development.
academics.com offers the largest choice of jobs and vacancies at universities and research institutes and in Research and Development in industry.
The Exagris Africa Ltd. in Lilongwe is looking for an
Agribusiness Development Manager (m/f)
We are looking for you:Exagris Africa Ltd. needs your expertise to help develop and implement its corporate goals. As one of the most innovative companies in the agriculture and food sector in Malawi, Exagris Africa Ltd. continues looking for ways to better integrate smallholder farmers into its operations. This applies in particular to groundnuts, where the company is involved along the whole value chain. You will be responsible to manage a development services unit that will design and improve the quality of services and support that Exagris Africa Ltd. provides to smallholders farmers, in order to ultimately increase the number of producers that sustainably supply high-quality products to the company and its processing subsidiaries.
Your tasks will involve:
- Managing and expanding a development services unit currently of approximately 15 people
- Developing and implementing innovative business ideas, strategies and services to integrate smallholder farmers into company activities
- Establishing formal partnerships with community-based organisations and local and international non-governmental organisations
- Identifying, mobilizing and managing funds for the successful implementation projects
- University-level degree in agricultural science or other subject that meets the position's requirements
- Several years of professional experience in agribusiness and in rural or agricultural development
- Experience in cooperating with smallholder organisations, preferably in African countries
- Several years' managerial experience
- Fluent business English
- In addition you have the citizenship of an EU member state
One person can make a difference
Interested?Then submit your application using our online portal at
www.cimonline.de, to find out more about the services we
offer. If you have any questions, please contact:
Telefon: +49 6196 7935 74