A Jointventure of
Getting Started
A | A | A

Will my spouse be allowed to work in Germany?

Husbands or wives of research fellows are allowed to work when the research fellow is entitled to take up gainful employment or when they have been living together as a married couple in Germany for at least two years.

Will my spouse be allowed to work in Germany?© ioannis kounadeas - Fotolia.com

Please bear in mind, however, that the labour market situation in Germany is delicate, and it may be very difficult to find employment here.

We therefore recommend that your husband or wife carefully considers at home how best to spend their time in Germany. Opportunities are available, for example, to study as a visiting student at a university.


Next question: How do I find accommodation?»

DAAD» :: August 2008