Friday, 5th December
© secretgarden / photocase.de
Recipe for Cinnamon Stars
- 2 egg whites
- 3 drops lemon juice
- 150 grams icing sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 200 grams ground almonds
1. Whisk the egg white until very stiff and fold in a few drops of lemon.
2. Stir in icing sugar spoon after spoon. Take 3-4 tbsp away and keep on the side.
3. Add cinnamon to the rest and slowly stir in the ground almonds.
4. Dust the surface with icing sugar and roll out a dough 0.5 / 1cm thick.
5. Cut out stars and put on a baking tray with grease paper. Brush the remaining egg white mixture on it and bake at gas 1 (150degree) for 20 mins.
6. Let cool on a wire rack. They will keep in a tin for several weeks. Put baking paper in between the layers.