A Jointventure of
Getting Started
A | A | A

Do I need a work permit?

Foreign fellows and academic collaborators in research institutes funded exclusively or mainly from public funds do not normally need a work permit.

Do I need a work permit?© ioannis kounadeas - Fotolia.com
However, you should check with your employer or fellowship sponsor whether this special regulation applies to you. Visiting academics and researchers will generally receive a residence permit which allows them to take up gainful employment. Approval by the Federal Labour Agency is not required in most cases.

www.eracareers-germany.de» (incoming, working)

Next question:
Will my spouse be allowed to work in Germany?»

DAAD» :: August 2008