The novel interdisciplinary Marie Skłodowska-Curie COFUND doctoral training programme LogiCS@TUWien - Logics for Computer Science Program at TU Wien, co-funded by the European Commission, offers 20 full-time PhD positions.
The program is hosted by TU Wien, one of the most successful technical Universities in Europe and the largest one in Austria. The Faculty of Informatics of TU Wien is a leading research and teaching institution which consistently ranks among the top 100 computer science faculties in the global Times Higher Education ranking. In the heart of Europe, Vienna has a prominent history in mathematics, computer science, and logic research, and offers one of the highest living standards in the world.
LogiCS@TUWien provides a 4-year long doctoral training for international PhD candidates within an English-language curriculum. The doctoral positions are open to international high-potential early-stage researchers with a strong background in Logical Methods in Computer Science and their applications in areas like Artificial Intelligence, Databases, Verification, Algorithms, Security, and Cyber-Physical Systems.
- Deepening of scientific knowledge and independent research work on the specific PhD topic
- Collaboration on current research projects
- Preparation of scientific publications and a PhD thesis in English
- Presentation of research results at international conferences and other scientific events
- Successful completion of important milestones of the program.
- Participation in events organized by the program LogiCS@TUWien
- Completion of a Masters and Bachelor degree or equivalent in computer science, computational logic, discrete mathematics or related disciplines, with outstanding academic performance
- Previous research experience in the subjects of the specific project is highly desirable
- Excellent skills in English communication and writing
- Active readiness for scientific collaboration
- Team competences and problem-solving skills
- Striving for continuous personal development
- Diverse and exciting research projects on cutting edge topics
- Continuing personal and professional education and flexible working hours
- High-quality supervision by renowned professors
- Ample possibilities for building an international research network, doing internships, and establishing research collaborations
- Very competitive salary
- Administrative support in study and life questions
- Central location in Vienna with excellent accessibility in a city regularly ranked first worldwide for life quality