Koblenz University of Applied Sciences (www.hs-koblenz.de
), with its three campuses in Koblenz, Remagen and Höhr-Grenzhausen , offers higher education programmes, postgraduate courses and applied research with a comprehensive range of contact teaching and distance learning courses. Dr. Eckel Animal Nutrition develops, produces and sells innovative feed additives. Dr. Eckel is one of the world’s foremost companies in the sector with a specific focus on animal welfare, developing products that make animal nutrition more resource-efficient, climate-friendly and healthy.
The Department of Business Administration located in Koblenz (RheinMoselCampus) invites applications for a
for “Sustainable Business Development”
(three-year fixed-term contract under private law)
The Tandem Professorship combines a 50 % part-time position at Hochschule Koblenz (remuneration based on salary group W1) with another 50 % part-time position with Dr. Eckel Animal Nutrition.
At Hochschule Koblenz, the professorship represents the subject area of sustainable business development in the bachelor's and master's degree courses related to SMEs. In practice, the focus is particularly on issues related to business development and growth under consideration of sustainability and innovation. Supporting the sales department and management plays a key role. The focus is on market development through sustainable products and their market penetration as well as supporting existing and future sustainability projects.
We are seeking a person with:
- A PhD with a business orientation (e. g., business administration, business engineering, agricultural sciences)
- Experience in teaching and/or research in the areas of sustainability, innovation and/or business development (with a maximum of 6 years of academic activity after the PhD according to §54 (1) Hoch-SchG RLP)
- A strong willingness to transfer knowledge between theory and practice
- A willingness for personal development and an extension of professional and didactic skills, together with the development of innovative teaching formats
- Very good language skills in German and English
- Excellent communication skills
- A passion for business model innovation of a medium-sized German company
High-quality teaching and supportive guidance of students in their learning processes is an important issue for us. This includes a readiness for teaching in blended learning and online-based formats as well as in the German and English language. Regular attendance is expected, in order to enable regular subject-guidance and contact to students. Participation in the self-governing bodies of the university is expected. Applicants are expected to agree to the mission statement and the quality concept of the university.
- Development of teaching skills at a University of Applied Sciences
- Acquisition of three years of non-university practical experience to qualify for a professorship at a University of Applied Sciences
- A unique position between science and practice
- Participation in a flexible and individually structured qualification program
- Support in the development of innovative and digital teaching formats
- A varied working day and lots of flexibility in a secure industry
- A flat organisational structure in a value-oriented family business (awarded several times e. g. as FOCUS Top Employer, Leading Employer 2023 and TOP100 Innovator 2023)
Recruitment requirements for professorships are defined in §54 of the State Higher Education Act of the Rhineland-Palatinate (Hochschulgesetz Rheinland-Pfalz).
Koblenz University of Applied Sciences advocates diversity, equal opportunities and the compatibility of work and family. Koblenz University promotes women. Women are given preferential treatment if they have the same suitability, qualifications and professional performance, as there is an underrepresentation in the area of professorships at the Koblenz University of Applied Sciences (§ 3 Sect. 8 State Equal Opportunities Act (Landesgleichstellungsgesetz) RLP). Qualified female scientists are therefore expressly encouraged to apply. Handicapped applicants will be given preference if equally qualified.
Please send your full application in one PDF file attached to an email no later than 16th June 2023
to Annika Schmalebach (firstname.lastname@example.org
e). For questions related to the professional aspects of the professorship please contact Prof. Dr. Alexandra Moritz (email@example.com
This is the English translation of the German call for application. Only the German version is legally binding.
Koblenz University of Applied Sciences has children´s daycare centres close to campuses in Koblenz and Remagen. Furthermore special leisure activities are organised for children of university´s lecturers and employees during school holidays.