Orkestra – Basque Institute of Competitiveness is a centre for analysis and debate on territorial competitiveness. It was created in 2006 as part of Deusto Foundation at the University of Deusto. The Institute is the outcome of the convergence between various strategic, private and public strategies, aware that building competitive societies and companies is key to achieving prosperity and welfare.
Orkestra’s Chair in Energy was aimed at being a benchmark in transformative research on energy. At present, the Chair in Energy is focused on three main areas of expertise.
• Energy markets
• Energy, technology, industry: Competitiveness and industrial development
• Energy policy
The scope of action requires understanding the future evolution and trends of chain values, both in the energy sector and in those sectors operating as suppliers.
Orkestra aligns these areas of expertise with the critical factors of competitiveness, which requires working jointly with the companies and institutions involved in each challenge. Therefore, Orkestra does not only aim to generate new knowledge in the energy and competitive fields, but it also seeks to promote changes in energy challenges by means of new generated knowledge. It is therefore essential to promote transformative research so that the studies performed can be useful to achieve changes in the scope of action.
Further information: www.orkestra.deusto.es
Salary group Gross salary: It will be established according to the candidate's experience.
Duties: Promote the Orkestra’s energy area under the supervision of the Institute's Management. Some of the duties include identifying energy-related challenges and scopes of action that may be of interest for companies and institutions; developing local and international relations in the field of energy within Orkestra's vision; enhancing this area of knowledge; ensuring and diversifying revenue collection and promoting the development of the capacities of the people working in the energy field.
Lead research projects in the energy field within the key knowledge areas. The successful candidate will take part in energy projects or other knowledge areas run by Orkestra as a researcher.
In addition, he/she should convey research findings to society, in general, and to companies and institutions in the energy field, in particular. He/she should also have a fluent relationship with sponsor companies and institutions, and contribute to achieving the incorporation of other companies, particularly in the energy sector.
Places available: 1
• Education: Doctorate / PhD with technical background in Engineering or Economics and Business Sciences.
• Experience: A professional with consolidated experience, with proven capacity to lead and coordinate research projects. It will be considered positive if the candidate has professional experience in the energy sector and has contacts and networks in this field. Additionally it is preferable that the candidate has worked or collaborated in the university environment or knowledge centres.
• Language skills: English (excellent command), Spanish (basic-average). Additionally knowledge of the Basque language will be an advantage.
• Personal characteristics: Having a good knowledge and advanced competences in the energy field. Also, the successful candidate should know how to lead work teams and generate networks with funders and collaborators. We are seeking a person willing to take part in new collaborative, open ways of working, in a university setting. On the other hand, he/she should show a capacity to build constructive relationships both with other professionals at the Institute and with relevant actors in competitiveness, particularly those in the energy sector. Finally, having good interpersonal skills will also be an advantage.
We offer: Full-time permanent contract.
Orkestra - Basque Institute of Competitiveness
20012 San Sebastián