Discover here more job vacancies on academics – the leading job market for science and research. In order to receive information about suitable job vacancies regularly by email, you can register with us free of charge at any time.
Research Engineer Position (f/m) within Digital Engineering
Published(567 days ago)
Deadline for applications(513 days ago)
Simula Research LaboratoryOslo (Norwegen)
Research Engineer Position within Digital Engineering at Simula@OsloMet (Oslo, Norway)
Simula@OsloMet (Simula Metropolitan Center for Digital Engineering), a new research institute jointly owned by Simula Research
Laboratory and Oslo Metropolitan University (OsloMet), is advertising a number of PhD and Postdoc positions in the areas of
networks and communications, machine learning and IT management. We are looking for young scientists with a vivid interest in
interdisciplinary application-driven projects in the following research areas
1. Data mining and data fusion
2. Deep learning
3. Novel protocols and applications for 5G Networks
4. Reliability of interdependent power and communication networks
5. Control principles for autonomous future mobile and fixed networks
6. Geography and cyber vulnerability
7. Measurements of 5G networks
8. Robust 5G compute and network infrastructure
9. Data-driven vehicle safety
10. Software engineering and IT management
We are looking for a research engineer to support various engineering activities at the Centre for Resilient Networks and applications.
* A highly dynamic and motivated team of international researchers and engineers.
* A well-established collaboration with applied research teams and companies.
* Access to an internally hosted HPC infrastructure of experimental nature, specifically targeting heterogeneous architectures that are expected to be vital for future exascale computing.
* An informal and inclusive international working environment.
* Professional courses and workshops in scientific and transferable skills.
* Good office facilities located in the Oslo downtown.
* Support with administrative matters, EU funding, accommodation, and visas
* A competitive salary.
The successful candidate will also enjoy an inspiring and resourceful environment, with the possibility of travelling to conferences, short- and long-term research visits to existing and new collaborators.
We invite applications from highly qualified and motivated young scientists of any nationality and background in information technologies, computer sciences, applied mathematics, engineering and/or related fields.
Candidates are requested to upload a cover letter, CV including a list of publications, and contact information of three references (including the main supervisor).
Postdoc applications should include a research statement (max. three pages). PhD student applicants should include their transcripts. After initial screening, relevant
candidates will be asked to provide further documentation of education and work experience.
The starting date is at the earliest convenience (negotiable), but preferably no later than November 1, 2018. Applications deadline is July 10, 2018.
However, applications will be screened continuously and a decision will be made as soon as we find the right candidate.
With our job newsletter, you will receive suitable job ads as well as interesting content matching your search profile  on a weekly basis.
Current search terms:
Electrical Engineering, Electronics, Information Technology, Mechanical Engineering, Mechatronics, Industrial Engineering, Research Fellow, Research Assistant, Research Associate, Science, Research and Higher Education, IT, Telecommunication, Other Countries, Research Institute, Full Time
After registering, you will be able to adjust your profile.