WHU – Otto Beisheim School of Management is the leading private business school in Germany and is continuously ranked among the top business schools in Europe. On WHU’s two campuses in Vallendar (near Koblenz) and Düsseldorf, faculty, students, and staff enjoy working in a stimulating international environment. The organizational culture combines an entrepreneurial attitude and international orientation with a strong sense of community and diversity and a high commitment to excellence.
Research Assistant / Doctoral Student (f/m/d)
Chair of Family Business
Temporary, Part-time · Vallendar
The Chair of Family Business is engaged in research on the specifics of German but also international family businesses and entrepreneurial families. The focus is on questions in the areas of innovation, entrepreneurship, strategy, governance, succession, and family offices. The Chair of Family Business at WHU sees itself as a thought leader in the field of family business. In order to achieve this, it focuses on issues that are equally relevant from a scientific and practical point of view, on intensive supervision of doctoral candidates and interested students, and on cooperations that allow scientific publications at a high level.
- Cumulative dissertation in the topic area "Family investors and sustainability"
- Translation of the research results into practice
- Supervision of bachelor and master theses
- Planning and implementation of a practical event on the dissertation topic
- Possibility to participate in international scientific conferences
- Possibility to cooperate with renowned practice partners
- Excellent master's degree in business administration or related subjects
- Fluent German language skills
- Curiosity and enthusiasm for scientific work
- Ability to work in a team
- Very good knowledge of human nature due to frequent contact with practitioners
WHAT WE OFFER
- Exciting research and practical projects on the topic of "family businesses"
- Experienced and intensive supervision by institute professors
- Internal knowledge base at the chair to start the PhD program
- Highly motivated and helpful team with a passion for family businesses
- High-quality technical equipment
- Workplace in Vallendar or Düsseldorf
- Possibility of home office by arrangement
- Doctorate as internal PhD student possible in 3 years
WHU has more than 50 faculty members in the fields of management, finance and accounting, economics, entrepreneurship and innovation, marketing and sales, and supply chain management. Research at WHU aims to adhere to three principles: quality, internationality, and practical relevance.
Professor Nadine Kammerlander
Please apply through our online applicant management system