(fulltime, E 13 TV-L)
Reference Number 2022/300. The Cluster of Excellence “The Politics of Inequality” invites applications for a postdoctoral position for a duration of 24 months starting in
April 2023. In principle this position can be divided into two part-time positions.
The University of Konstanz is one of eleven Universities of Excellence in Germany. Since 2007 it has been successful in the German Excellence Initiative and its follow-up programme, the Excellence Strategy.
The position is available as part of the central Cluster program. The Cluster’s Speaker team is looking for an engaging and motivated postdoctoral researcher interested in big-picture
questions to join the process of advancing the Cluster’s research agenda and preparing a grant application.
- Support the Cluster’s Board in advancing the research agenda of the Cluster for the second funding period of the Cluster (2026-32)
- Synthesize research results of Cluster projects from the first funding period
- Develop an individual research project on the topical area of “The Politics of Inequality“, broadly defined and from an interdisciplinary perspective
- Ph.D. in political science, sociology, economics, or related disciplines
- Preferably specialization in the topical area of „The Politics of Inequality”
- Ability to engage with different social science disciplines in an international and interdisciplinary research environment
- Excellent English writing and communication skills
- Organizational and team skills
- Attractive environment to pursue individual research within the scope of the Cluster’s research program
- The initial employment is at 100 % salary scale E 13 TV-L
- Opportunities for professional development and longer-term inclusion in the Cluster
- Attractive research environment within the Cluster
- Access to Research Funds of the Cluster
Interested candidates may contact Marius R. Busemeyer for further information,
We look forward to receiving your application (compiled as a single PDF file) by
Online Application Portal
. Your application should include a letter of motivation, a CV including a list of publications, and a paper (chapter) from the dissertation or of a recent publication.
The University of Konstanz is committed to ensuring an environment that provides equal opportunities and promotes diversity as well as a good
balance between university and family life. As an equal opportunity employer, we strive to increase the number of women working in research and
teaching. We also support working couples through our
dual career programme
. Persons with disabilities are explicitly encouraged to apply. They will be given preference if appropriately qualified (contact
, + 49 7531 88-4016).