The Institute of Molecular Biology, University Medical Center Göttingen, Georg- August-University, invites applications for the following position:
PhD student (f/m/d) in Molecular Cell Biology
3-year doctoral program, 25,025 hours / week | salary according to TV-L
The University Medical Center Göttingen is a tertiary care center and offers great development potential. Its 7,900 employees work in over 65 departments and facilities to provide top-quality patient care, excellent research and modern teaching. Göttingen, “City of Science”, located near the center of Germany, the University Medical Center Göttingen is embedded in the city’s attractive network of scientific research facilities.
We are an international and diverse team of scientists working on the molecular mechanisms of transport between the nucleus and the cytoplasm. In this project, we will focus on the role of transport in neurodegenerative diseases.
- The project will focus on the role of the transport machinery in diseases like amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS)
- You will express and purify proteins that are involved in the disease
- You will analyze aberrant proteins in cellular systems using super-resolution microscopy and life-cell imaging
- You will use gene-editing techniques (CRISPR-Cas9)
- Master or diploma in life science (e. g.biochemistry, biology, molecular medicine)
- Background in molecular biology techniques, microscopy and / or cell culture
- High intrinsic motivation
- English as work language
- stimulating work evironment in a city where science plays an important role
- integration into the local graduate school, GGNB
- training opportunities in all related scientific fields, organized by the graduate school
- a project that is funded by the DFG (German Research Foundation)
- a close collaboration with a co-funded partner group in Mainz
The University Medical Center Göttingen is committed to professional equality. We therefore seek to increase the proportion of under-represented genders. Applicants with disabilities and equal qualifications will be given preferential treatment.
Please send your application only via e-mail as a single PDF-file (subject: nucleus 03-23)
We look forward to receiving your application by April 15th, 2023
University Medical Center Göttingen
Institut für Molekularbiologie
Prof. Dr. Ralph Kehlenbach
Phone: +49 551/39-5950
Travel and application fees cannot be refunded or transferred.