Hamburg‘s technical university was founded in 1978. Today around 100 professors and 1,475 members of staff work at the TUHH.The TUHH ia a competitive, family-oriented and sustainable university with high performance and quality standards. It is an internationally oriented university.
Hamburg is the second largest city in Germany and is located in northern Germany at the river Elbe. Hamburg's harbour is described as the gateway to the world, making Hamburg a liveable city for around 2 million people from all over the world.
The Institute of Production Management and Technology investigates fundamental production problems and develops models, methods and procedures for industrial practice.
In Germany, the PhD is carried out within the framework of a paid position at the technical university and usually has a duration of four years.
· Work in a research project funded by the German Research Foundation (DFG).
· Integrate yourself into a research group of young doctoral students
· Be involved in teaching, especially by supervising studies and theses.
· Co-operate with the industry
· Very good Master’s degree in engineering
· Fluent in English. Wiligness to learn German.
· Enthusiasm for production management research.
· Good teamplayer
· Working in a young team with a very attractive and practical research environment
· Opportunity for scientific qualification with the aim of obtaining a PhD and very good supervision of your doctoral studies
· The opportunity to present your research results at renowned conferences in Germany and abroad
· Personal development by assuming responsibility in research and teaching
· Cooperation with industrial partners
We particularly encourage women to apply. Due to their under-representation, they will be given priority in cases of equal suitability, ability and professional performance.