At Fulda University of Applied Sciences, approximately 9,000 students are enrolled in over 60 Bachelor's and Master's degree programmes. More than 160
professors teach and carry out research in the eight departments. In terms of research, Fulda University is one of the most active universities of applied
sciences in Germany and it has been awarded the right to independently confer doctoral degrees. The University employs a total of around 850 persons. Fulda
University of Applied Sciences attaches great importance to high teaching standards and comprehensive student support. It maintains close contacts with partner
institutions in the region and at the same time has a strong international focus. Fulda University of Applied Sciences offers students excellent learning and
working conditions on an attractive, modern and interconnected campus.
The Fulda University of Applied Sciences is seeking to fill, at 1st of September or 1st of October 2023, the position of
Lecturer in Business Law
(Lehrkraft für besondere Aufgaben)
in the Department of Business which represents 50 % of a full-time equivalent position. The position is limited for two years (Section 14(1)(2) or Section 14(2)
of the German Part-Time and Fixed-Term Employment Act (Teilzeit- und Befristungsgesetz, TzBfG)).
Your areas of responsibility:
- Teaching business law exclusively in English, with a focus on contract law (conclusion of contracts, standard business terms and conditions, agency law), commercial law (commercial registers, company names, commercial assistants, insolvency of commercial partners) and corporate law (e. g. limited liability companies, public limited companies, commercial partnerships), private international law (in particular the Rome I and II Regulations) and other European regulations and directives of particular relevance for businesses (e. g. GDPR; directives on consumer protection)
- Plan and conduct examinations for your own courses and provide support for other examinations
- Contribute to the development of course modules in the Department’s study programmes
- Master’s degree in law (LL.M.) or a first German examination qualification in law (Erste juristische Prüfung)
- Preferably with international professional or academic experience in the advertised field
- Experience and didactic skills in teaching courses that are delivered entirely in English; a high level of flexibility and creativity; excellent command of written and spoken English
Subject to fulfilment of the relevant requirements, the salary for this post will be according to pay scale 13 of the Collective Agreement for the Public Service of the State of Hesse [Tarifvertrag für den Öffentlichen Dienst des Landes Hessen, TV-H].
If equally qualified, persons with disabilities will be given a preference in the application procedure. We actively support the compatibility of work and family life and offer a range of health promotion measures.
The state of Hesse supports civic engagement. If you work in such a capacity, and in case this is beneficial for your planned activities, please specify your civic engagement in the application documents. If you have acquired a qualification abroad, please enclose with your application confirmation from the Central Office for Foreign Education (ZAB) that your qualification is comparable to a German degree (long version of the Statement of Comparability). For more detailed information, go to:
You do not need to submit a Statement of Comparability if the education qualification obtained abroad is explicitly listed in the ANABIN database. In this case, the ANABIN database must indicate that the qualification was awarded by a recognised institution of higher education and is classified as "comparable" to a German education qualification.
Please send all your relevant application documents by 30.04.2023
to the President of Fulda University of Applied Sciences, preferably by Email and in PDF format
). For any further queries on the position, please contact Prof. Dr. Dominik Skauradszun
). If you are applying for the position by post, please submit your documents as copies only (no folders) as these cannot be returned to you after the selection procedure has been completed. These documents will be destroyed in accordance with data protection regulations.
Hochschule Fulda | Abteilung Personalmanagement
Leipziger Str. 123 | 36037 Fulda