Institute of Regenerative Medicine, University of Zurich
The Division of Cell- and Gene Therapy (www.irem.uzh.ch) has an open position as
Laboratory Head (100%)
to be filled at the earliest convenience.
The goals of the Division of Cell and Gene Therapy are the development, testing and clinical implementation of novel gene therapy approaches for the treatment of genetic diseases in children and adults. The required infrastructure (GLP/GMP) is available at the University of Zurich. The division operates in close collaboration with the University Medicine Zurich.
The Laboratory Head will be responsible for the preclinical development of novel gene therapy approaches, incl. animal experimentation under GLP conditions. In addition to conducting laboratory research and planning new projects (which entails the supervision of PhD students and postdoctoral fellows), administrative tasks aiming at fulfilling legal requirements (e.g., applications for animal experimentation) belong to the core duties of the position to be filled.
- A friendly, stimulating and interactive international research environment at the University of Zurich
- Outstanding working conditions and high standard laboratory equipment
- The possibility of continuous education, notably towards the “Habilitation”, including undergraduate and graduate teaching at the University of Zurich
- Research and administration: Development of innovative translational therapeutic approaches; direction and maintenance of the laboratory up to the newest stand of technique; third-party funding acquisition and research article publication; reporting to and communication with regulatory authorities
- Human Resource Management: Supervision of PhD students and postdoctoral fellows; guidance of administrative personal; promotion of collegial scientific interactions within the team
- Regulatory Affairs: Ensure compliance with legal and regulatory frameworks
- University degree in Life Sciences (molecular biology, biochemistry, virology, immunology) or human medicine (PhD or MD)
- Independent postgraduate research, as well as at least two years’ experience in laboratory organization
- Documented third-party funding acquisition and publications in international scientific journals
- Experience in animal experimentation and knowledge of regulatory framework (FELASA)
- Excellent work organization, reliability and enthusiasm for scientific discovery
- Fluent German and English propensity (oral and written)
- In-depth knowledge of virology, as well as principles of gene therapy
- Experience with supervision of PhD students
- Familiarity with regulatory requirements of clinical trials
We are looking for highly motivated applicants (sex and gender are indifferent), who are willing to contribute to the success of an international, strongly collaborative team in an outstanding scientific environment.
We are looking forward to your application!
Applications, including standard attachments (letter of motivation, curriculum vitae, letters of reference or contact address of possible references), are to be bundled into a single PDF document and sent by E-mail to email@example.com
For further information, please contact Prof. Dr. Janine Reichenbach, Head of the Division
of Cell- and Gene Therapy; E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org