Interdisciplinary Postdoc Fellowships (f/m/d)
at Heidelberg University
The Flagship Initiative Engineering Molecular Systems (FI EMS) is part of Heidelberg University´s excellence strategy and promotes the research field of engineering molecular systems. Therefore, the FI EMS is seeking for postdocs who want to start their own research project in this area to design advanced functional materials, methods, technologies, devices, and/or therapies on the meso- and/or macroscopic scale. The molecular components can be of synthetic or natural origin with specific electronic, chemical, biological or biomedical properties.
The project idea should be in the area of
- Materials engineering with applications in diagnostics, drug discovery and delivery, sensors, machines, clean energy,
or environmental technologies
- Engineering of vaccines and cells with unique properties, e.g. pathogen-fighting capabilities
- Engineering and development of new algorithms for data processing
The intention of the fellowship is to provide the basis for an ERC-Starting-Grant, Emmy-Noether-Fellowship,
BMBF-NanoMatFutur-Grant or another independent group leader proposal following the funding period.
The postdocs have to choose a host at Heidelberg University supporting their project and handing in the proposal to
FI EMS. You can check out our website https://www.uni-heidelberg.de/en/fiems
for hosts, but any scientist associated with Heidelberg University is eligible.
The host will in case of a positive project evaluation provide a postdoc position for two years for the applicant including 20.000 € material expenses/year funded by the FI EMS of Heidelberg University.
Scope and duration of fellowship:
Submission and candidate requirements:
- Funding for one postdoc position (TV-L E13) at Heidelberg University for two years and material expenses up to
20.000 € p.a.
- Funding period: two years
- Funding start: October 2023 or later
- Project proposal has to be submitted by the host being a member of Heidelberg University
- The postdoc designated for the project has to be a researcher who has completed his/her doctorate/PhD a maximum of three years ago (extension of additional 2 years per child for women and one year for men without evidence, two years per child for men with evidence of childcare, also other documented family nursing time will be considered) or will complete his/her doctorate/PhD within the next 6 months
Submission deadline: June 15th 2023
- Project idea: maximum 4 pages including abstract (approx. 2500 characters), affiliation of host,
- current affiliation of postdoc, project/work description and research/proposal aim for the postdoc position
- Letter of support by the host stating how the project fits into the FI EMS and how it will be supported by the host
- Time schedule including starting date (half a page max.)
- Budget plan (1 page max.) for the material expenses
- CV (4 pages max.) of postdoc
- Two reference letters
Project proposals will be evaluated by the FI EMS Board and proposed to the rectorate for funding.
Project proposal submission (by the host): Please send them by email to the FI EMS office firstname.lastname@example.org
as a single PDF with “Interdisciplinary postdoc fellowships” as subject.
For any questions, please contact the FI EMS scientific coordinator email@example.com
Heidelberg University stands for equal opportunities and diversity. Qualified female candidates are especially invited to apply. Persons with severe disabilities will be given preference if they are equally qualified. Information on job advertisements and the collection of personal data is available at www.uni-heidelberg.de/en/job-market