The Philharmonie Luxembourg, one of the leading concert halls in Europe, opened in 2005 and presents around 400 concerts each year with a diverse programme of classical, jazz & world music, as well as an extensive programming for young audiences & schools. It also manages the Orchestre
Philharmonique du Luxembourg (OPL - the national orchestra of Luxembourg).
To lead the Communication Department, we are looking for an
EDITOR IN CHIEF (f/m)
- Plan and develop a new communication strategy based on in-between digital and traditional channels to enhance the customer experience and to reach out to new audiences from the moment of the publication before/during/after concerts.
- Oversee production of all publications and communications including season, monthly and evening programmes, newsletters, social media and web site content, PR and marketing texts, television, radio broadcasts, videos and PR films.
- Lead and coordinate the editorial team.
- Oversee the ‘résonance’ series of pre- and post-concert talks and interviews and develop content with colleagues from the editorial and Artistic Planning teams.
- Define social media topics & strategy closely with the Head of Marketing and Digital Division and the social media team.
- Take the editorial responsibility for the commissioning and publication of texts written both by colleagues within the institution and specialist freelance writers/journalists.
- Deep knowledge of musicology and history of music, a strong overview of general cultural movements and trends as well as an interest in interdisciplinary connections and an awareness of current cultural developments world-wide, particularly within the European context.
- Extensive experience as an editor in the field of music and culture.
- Experience of leading a multilingual team and of the day-to-day requirements of a fully functioning concert venue or orchestra that presents a wide range of events.
- Knowledge of emerging digital technologies and eye for digital trends, including the ability to validate what works.
- Fluent command of German, English and French is a prerequisite.
- Excellent writing and communications skills, a good literary style and the ability to define an editorial line in collaboration with the Director General and Head of Marketing and Digital Division.
The detailed description of the position can be requested from Nadia Geib under the e-mail address: email@example.com
Applications specifying salary expectations should be sent to the attention of
Mr. Stephan Gehmacher, Director general, at the above email address before December 10, 2021.