Peace Research Institute Frankfurt (PRIF),
member of the Leibniz Association
The Peace Research Institute Frankfurt (PRIF) is a foundation under public law. With over 80 employees, PRIF is currently the largest peace and conflict research institute in Germany.
For the project “Effects and modes of effect of humanitarian military interventions”, supported by the German Foundation for Peace Research, we are seeking to employ at the earliest possible date
a doctoral researcher (m/f/d) in part-time (65 %)
in salary scale E 13 TV-H, for three years (under the terms of the WissZVG).
Your responsibilities include:
- quantitative comparisons of humanitarian military interventions and a control group to be constructed of conflicts without such interventions with regard to the intensity and duration of deadly violence;
- conducting two case studies that complement the quantitative analyses;
- implementation of a doctoral project in the area of humanitarian military interventions;
- participation in the committees of PRIF’s self-administration.
The applicant should fulfill the following requirements:
- very good university degree in political science, sociology or another relevant discipline;
- (very) good knowledge of quantitative methods;
- (very) good knowledge of a modern statistical software (such as R, Stata and/or Python);
- research interest in (humanitarian) military interventions;
- willingness to conduct multi-method research in a team;
- willingness to communicate research results to the political and social public.
Very good command of English, spoken and written, as well as competent handling of standard office software are prerequisites. Knowledge of German is not a prerequisite, but it is expected that the applicant shows willingness to try to acquire German language skills within the next one to two years.
You can expect:
- family-friendly working hours and the possibility to partially work remotely;
- internal and external training opportunities;
- a motivated and committed team;
- occupational pension scheme (“VBL”).
PRIF is a recipient of the Total E-Quality award and seeks to promote equal representation in the work force at all levels and work/life balance. In the case of equal qualification, applicants with severe disabilities will be given preference.
Please send your application documents, including a letter of motivation, a CV without photo, certificates, an outline of your doctoral project of not more than five pages in German or English,
in a single pdf file via e-mail to bewerber(at)hsfk.de
. The deadline for applications is March 19, 2023
. Please include the position code (Kennziffer) XXX. Unfortunately, application expenses cannot be reimbursed.