The Faculty of Medicine at the Technische Universität Dresden, one of the 11 German Universities of Excellence, is further strengthening translational research and career perspectives for progressed researching physicians with its BMBF-funded Advanced Clinician Scientist Program CAMINO – „Career Advancements in Multidimensional Tumor Targeting”. To support visionary investigators who drive future oncology research at the Dresden biomedical campus.
The Faculty of Medicine invites applications for
Advanced Clinician Scientists (f/m/x)
as research group leader
to be filled at the earliest possible date. The program offers a long-term perspective to successful candidates within the respective CAMINO research pipelines
Immunity and Inflammation, Cell and Gene Therapy, Functional profiling for Precision Oncology or Data Science and Digital Health in Therapy and Prevention.
- You are an advanced medical doctor with completed specialized medical training and habilitation or habilitation equivalent including a license to practice medicine in Germany
- You demonstrate a competitive and independent research program and seek to establish local collaborations and integrate into the translational research landscape
- You already have a proven record of exceptional research and expertise in a field related to the CAMINO research pipelines
- The program covers a Clinician Scientist position for up to 6 years with flexible time for research (50-100 %) plus additional funds for personnel, consumables, travel and animal costs (up to 130.000 € per year)
- The program encompasses a mentorship and training program including scientific support
- Camino offers the chance to form research alliances with experts on campus as well as the option for dual leadership or career applications of two Advanced Clinician Scientists of the same institution / specialization
- In close cooperation with Dresden programs, CAMINO organizes retreats, symposiums and meetups to interact and network within the greater Dresden biomedical community
- TU Dresden understands diversity as culturally self-evident and a quality criterion of a university of excellence. Accordingly, we welcome all applicants who would like to commit themselves with their performance and personality to us and with us for the success of all. TU Dresden is strongly committed to the goal of a family-friendly university and offers a dual career service. The Faculty of Medicine also provides active support for childcare options as well as help in finding adequate jobs in the region for the candidates partner.
Please send us a detailed Curriculum Vitae, including a list of peer-reviewed publications / pre-prints, awarded grants and stipends, teaching experience and a statement in future teaching plans / involvement, contact information of two references, and a description of the three most important achievements. (You are invited to attach a brief description of your three most important achievements (max. 3-5 sentences). In addition to research results, these can also be special achievements in teaching, services for the good of the academic community or society, software developments, patents, knowledge and practice transfer, spin-offs and the like.)
Please also include a research plan for the funding period containing a budget plan (max. 3-5 pages).
We recommend and support applicants to reach out to potential host institutes confirming their infrastructural commitment and to submit a written commitment of the clinical heads (see template Clinical Commitment
) along with the application. Please get in touch for support. For detailed information on the recruitment process visit our CAMINO webpage
Disabled persons with equal qualification will be preferred.
We kindly ask you to apply preferably via our online form to make the selection process faster and more effective. Of course, we also consider your written application without any disadvantages.
We look forward to receiving your application, until August 31st 2023
online with registration number MK10023631
. For further information, please contact Dr. Peggy Jungke by E-Mail: email@example.com
or visit our CAMINO Webpage