Sorry, but this job posting is no longer current.
Please search current job opportunities in education, research and development.
academics.com offers the largest choice of jobs and vacancies at universities and research institutes and in Research and Development in industry.
With more than 25 hospitals and 13 institutes (1,150 beds), the University Clinic Ulm is the maximum care hospital for the East Württemberg, Donau/Iller and Lake Constance/ Upper Swabia regions. We provide inpatient treatment to about 44,000 patients each year. Our outpatient cases amount to approximately 60,000. We attach great importance to qualified employees who ensure extremely high quality in the treatment of our patients by the use of the latest scientific knowledge and who enjoy their work.
The Department of Pediatrics and Adolescent Medicine of the University Medical Center Ulm is instantly looking for a
Postdoc (m/f) in Tumor Biology
The position is available in the laboratory of Prof. Beltinger (www.uniklinik-ulm.de/beltinger). The group is interested in the pathogenesis of embryonic tumors and in exploring experimental cancer therapies. The project conserns the pathogenesis of neuroblastoma using methods of tumor and stem cell biology, gene transfer, mouse tumor models including transgenics, knock-outs and orthotopic xenotransplants, and bioimaging.
- Highly motivated recent PhD or MD/PhD graduate
- Strong laboratory skills in tumor cell biology
- Experience with mouse tumor models is advantageous
- Expected to work independently and as part of a team, with good written and oral communication skills
- Salary according to TV-L
- Company pension scheme
- Certified training programs in lab animal work (FELASA) and recombinant DNA work (Sachkundenachweis Gentechnik)
- Possibility of lab visits in Germany and abroad
- Participation in SFBs, Klinische Forschergruppen and the International Graduate School Molecular Medicine possible
- Opportunity to supervise and utilize students and technicians
- Support for the compatibility of career and family
- Proximity to the beautiful lakes, mountains and cities of southern Germany
Are you interested?
Full applications can be sent to:
Prof. Dr. Christian Beltinger
Klinik für Kinder- und Jugendmedizin
Contact: Prof. Dr. Christian Beltinger, Phone: (0049)731/500-57032,
The administration department of the University Medical Center
Ulm acts in the name and on behalf of the federal state of
The University Ulm aims to increase the proportion of women and therefore encourages qualified female scientists to submit their applications.
Contract type: Limited
Level of employment: Fulltime
In general, full-time positions are divisible. Handicapped people, especially
handicapped women, with equal qualifications will be employed and trained
preferentially. Employment takes place through the administration depart-
ment of the University Medical Center Ulm.