Sorry, but this job posting is no longer current.
Please search current job opportunities in education, research and development.
academics.com offers the largest choice of jobs and vacancies at universities and research institutes and in Research and Development in industry.
As soon as possible the Fraunhofer Institute for Cell Therapy and
Immunology, Leipzig, Germany plans to fill a position of a
Postdoc / Bioinformatician (f/m)
The Fraunhofer IZI is coordinating a large collaborative project called RIBOLUTION (www.ribolution.org) that aims at the identification and validation of biomarkers on the basis of the non-protein-coding part of the human genome.
We are searching for an outstanding and motivated Bioinformatics Postdoc to join us to take advantage of genome-wide RNA-Seq data.
He or she will be expected to:
- conduct the integration and analysis of a large number of dense genomic datasets
- collaborate with a team of bioinformaticians, biologists and computer scientists to generate experimentally testable hypotheses
- contribute to the development of new algorithms for statistical analysis of transcriptomic data
- The ideal candidate has a strong background in bioinformatics and computational biology and holds a PhD in computer science, biology, chemistry or physics.
- He or she is familiar with the processing of genome-wide datasets, will be fluent in at least one of the programming languages C, C++, Perl or Python and has worked with as Unix/Linux operating systems.
- A background in applied statistics, experience with the R statistical framework and Bioconductor, and previous experience in gene expression data analysis is a plus.
- The candidate should possess a core understanding of genetics and molecular biology.
- In addition, the candidate must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills and be capable of working within an interdisciplinary team.
- The candidate must have excellent written and verbal skills in English.
Employment, compensation and benefits are determined by the collective
agreement for public services (TVöD). The position is limited to December
31st 2013, with an option for extension. To apply, please email a cover letter, CV (in English), a summary of your PhD thesis and related papers and contact information of three professional references to our personnel management:
Questions regarding this position should be directed to:
phone +49 341 35536-3321