Sorry, but this job posting is no longer current.
Please search current job opportunities in education, research and development.
academics.com offers the largest choice of jobs and vacancies at universities and research institutes and in Research and Development in industry.
Job ID: 00406156
Neurobiologist / Neuropharmacologist. Senior research scientist to establish novel drug discovery concepts in neurodegenerative diseases
Who we are
At Roche, 80,000 people across 150 countries are pushing back the frontiers of healthcare. Working together, we've become one of the world's leading research-focused healthcare groups. Our success is built on innovation, curiosity and diversity.
The headquarters in Basel is one of Roche's largest sites, over 8,000 people from approximately 80 countries work at Roche Basel. Favored by its geographic location in the heart of Europe, the Basel area is one of the most dynamic economic regions in Switzerland − a great place to live and work.
We are looking for a highly motivated senior research scientist to join our laboratories in preclinical neuroscience to expand and strengthen our drug discovery capabilities, particularly related to pathogenic mechanisms in neurodegenerative diseases such as Alzheimer's and Parkinson's Disease. This research area is responsible for mastering the full range of expertise and technologies to better understand disease biologies and establish new approaches for therapeutic intervention.
- As a senior research scientists and integrated member of project teams you are providing expert scientific input to ongoing and newly established drug discovery programs.
- You are expected to conduct laboratory research in the evaluation and profiling of drug candidates including in vitro and in vivo pharmacology and mechanistic studies.
- As a laboratory head you will be guiding a small research team with opportunities to take on additional responsibility as project leader.
Who you are
You're someone who wants to influence your own development. You're looking for a company where you have the opportunity to pursue your interests across functions and geographies. Where a job title is not considered the final definition of who you are, but the starting point.
- You have a PhD or equivalent University degree in neurobiology, neuropharmacology and/or cell biology with profound knowledge of molecular mechanisms in neurodegenerative diseases.
- A proven record of 3-5 year research experience in drug discovery processes and preclinical neuropharmacology illustrates your scientific achievements.
- You are familiar with cellular disease models (eg. iPSCs) and state-of-the-art animal models of neurodegeneration to study disease pathways and functional deficits.
- A scientific background and expertise in neuro-immunology and/or protein misfolding & clearance is an advantage.
- You are used to work in a multi-disciplinary environment and you have excellent communication skills in English.
The next step is yours. Please apply online.
Roche is an Equal Opportunity Employer