Sorry, but this job posting is no longer current.
Please search current job opportunities in education, research and development.
academics.com offers the largest choice of jobs and vacancies at universities and research institutes and in Research and Development in industry.
The German Institute of Human Nutrition (DIfE) Potsdam-Rehbrücke, is a member of the Leibniz association and its mission is to conduct experimental and clinical research in the field of nutrition and health. We invite applications to join the newly founded Leibniz-Wettbewerb research project „Adipokines and Myokines − Common Language of Muscle and Fat?“ for
1 PhD Student
- Analysis of adipokine and myokine signatures in animal models
- Molecular characterization of bi-directional crosstalk between muscle and adipocytes
- Identification of novel contraction-regulated myokines in exercised mice
- Interaction and coordination with involved research partners
Skills and Requirements:
- Excellent M.Sc. (or equivalent) in a biomedical research field
- Preexisting knowledge in standard molecular biology methods (cloning, qPCR, analysis of gene expression), protein analysis (western blotting, enzyme kinetics), and histology
- Experience with animal experiments would be beneficial but is not required
- High degree of motivation and ability to work in an interactive research environment
- Excellent English (spoken and in writing) and data analysis and presentation abilities (MS Office, statistics)
The position will be filled for 3 years. Competitive salaries and benefits will be paid to federal tariff agreements (remuneration group E 13 TV-L [50 %]). The institute offers a vibrant and interactive research environment, state-of-the-art equipment and qualified training and enrolment in a local PhD program.
Please send applications before 20 February, 2013 in print to:
Deutsches Institut für Ernährungsforschung
Arthur-Scheunert-Allee 114/116, 14558 Nuthetal
or per E-Mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information please do not hesitate to contact: Dr. Timo Kanzleiter, +49-(0)33200/88-2540, E-Mail:Timo.Kanzleiter@dife.de