Sorry, but this job posting is no longer current.
Please search current job opportunities in education, research and development.
academics.com offers the largest choice of jobs and vacancies at universities and research institutes and in Research and Development in industry.
The German Institute of Human Nutrition Potsdam-Rehbrücke, an independent foundation and member of the Leibniz Association, invites applications for
1 PhD position (3 years)
The position is available in the Psychophysiology of Food Perception group headed by Dr. Kathrin Ohla. Research is focused on the psychophysiological bases of the perception, valuation and choice of food. We combine psychological assessments, sensory testing, and electroencephalography (EEG) to tackle our research questions.
The successful applicant will be required to design and conduct experiments, acquire data, perform analysis, maintain records, write and implement scripts to control experiments and analyse data, prepare conference presentations and scientific publications. Research interests of the applicants will be considered within the framework of the group's research.
Skills and requirements:
- M.Sc. in psychology, cognitive neuroscience or a related field
Experience in at least one of the following and the willingness to acquire the
− experimental research methods (sensory testing, psychophysics, EEG)
− conducting empirical studies, data collection and management, statistical analyse
− programming (e.g. Matlab, E-Prime E-Basic, Python)
- Willingness to graduate
- Very good English speaking and writing skills and the willingness to acquire German
- A high degree of curiosity, motivation, self-organization, and team-orientation and a strong interest in scientific work
- An interest in the implementation of new analysis and/or stimulation methods is highly desirable
- Excellent working conditions in a scientific laboratory with state-of-the-art equipment (e.g. multichannel EEG, computer-controlled gustometry and olfactometry, sensory testing space)
- Collaboration with scientists at an excellent multidisciplinary research center
- Payment according to the terms of the collective agreement "Tarifvertrag für den öffentlichen Dienst der Länder (TV-L)" (remuneration group E 13 TV-L [50 %])
Please send your application (CV, motivation letter, the names and contact details of at least two references and if applicable own work such as Master Thesis or publication/s as a single PDF file with your name as the file name) before 20 February, 2013 in print to:
Deutsches Institut für Ernährungsforschung
Arthur-Scheunert-Allee 114/116, 14558 Nuthetal
or per E-Mail to: email@example.com
Feel free to contact Kathrin Ohla (firstname.lastname@example.org) for further information on the position.