Sorry, but this job posting is no longer current.
Please search current job opportunities in education, research and development.
academics.com offers the largest choice of jobs and vacancies at universities and research institutes and in Research and Development in industry.
Dahlem Research School at Freie Universität Berlin has established a research fellowship program − co-financed by the German Excellence Initiative and the Marie Curie Program of the European Commission − to provide funding for outstanding postdoctoral researchers from all disciplines to conduct their own research project at Freie Universität Berlin. The aim is to support highly-qualified postdocs and to integrate them into the university's research networks in an early phase of their career.
The program is designed to promote the further academic career development through research funding, a tailored qualification program including essential professional guidance on preparing grant proposals, and the opportunity to develop teaching and leadership skills. At the end of the funding period, DRS fellows are expected to apply for funding for follow-up research projects at Freie Universität Berlin.
Dahlem Research School offers
18 Incoming Postdoc Fellowships
in two funding lines: 6 COFUND-2014 and 12 POINT/REGAIN-2014 fellowships
Starting in Spring 2014, each COFUND fellowship will be awarded for 15 (+ 3) months and POINT/ REGAIN fellowship for 18 months. Applicants have to submit a research project plan based around the research fields/ key topics of the participating Excellence Projects or Focus Areas (for details visit www.fu-berlin.de/en/drs/drs_fellowships.
The call is open to postdoctoral researchers of all disciplines and all nationalities who
- hold a doctoral degree (the dissertation must be submitted and proof of this must be available by the application deadline)
- completed their doctoral degree no longer than 6 years before the deadline (starting with the date on the doctoral certificate)
- have not lived in Germany for longer than 12 months during the last 36 months before the deadline.
Returnees from phases of international, inter-sectoral and/or non-academic mobility (such as researching outside Germany, working for industry or after a career break e.g. due to family reasons) are specifically encouraged to apply.
- 18 months, starting March/April 2014
- Employment contract at level TV-L FU E13 (which refers to the collective agreement for the public area of Berlin and translates into an annual net salary of approx. 26.500 to 34.400 Euro, depending on previous work experience and marital status)
- Social security and health insurance included
- A research allowance (5.400 Euro for non lab-based/ 21.600 Euro for lab-based projects)
- A monthly mobility allowance of 200 Euro and a one-time travel allowance
Deadline for applications: 15th September 2013
To apply, candidates need to register with the DRS online application platform on the DRS web page. Once registered, they have to fill out the online application form and upload all required documents. Incomplete applications and applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered. The positions are subject to approval of resources from the European Commission. For application details please visit www.fu-berlin.de/en/drs/drs_fellowships.
Dahlem Research School Fellowship Team at firstname.lastname@example.org